Top Dating Websites and Dating Apps
As a New York single, you want to go have a fun night out with other singles, who doesn’t? But, how does everyone find these venues?! A good place to start when seeking single events in NYC today are Dating Websites and Dating Apps! There are many different apps that feature location preferences that can make your dating life much simpler. Here’s a list of the top ten below.
- Tinder: Tinder uses Facebook profiles to gather basic information and analyze users’ social graph, which then matches candidates who are most likely to be compatible based on geographical location, number of mutual friends, and common interests. In other words, Tinder is a catalog of singles near you which enables you to swipe left for more contenders, or swipe right when someone catches your eye.
- Plenty of Fish: Plenty of fish is a free website/app that allows you to make a profile according to your interests and your needs in a partner and matches you accordingly. POF also has a location feature, so you can see how close/far away your matches are from you. Because there’s plenty of fish in the sea.
- Hinge: Hinge is very similar to Tinder, however, you are only offered local singles that share mutual friends with you on Facebook. No exceptions.
- Happn: Every time you cross paths with another happn member in real life, their profile shows up on your timeline! On every profile, you can see the number of times you’ve encountered this person. And if you don’t want to see a person on happn anymore, you just have to click on the Cross button. So, let’s avoid all of the “Wait, that looks like…. Is that who I think it is?” Just say hello!
- eHarmony: eHarmony is a website/app that has recently become free for local singles! This site is designed for more long-term serious commitments. So, for those of you that feel that casual dating isn’t cutting it anymore, this is the place to be!
- Match.com: Similar to the previous two listings, match.com offers online match making services with more search options and tools to properly engage you in exactly the relationship you are seeking. Become a member free!
- Howaboutwe: Have you ever thought “What is your ideal first date?” or “OMG, that would be the coolest date ever!” What if there was a dating site based solely on your idea of a date? There is! Howaboutwe connects individuals that are interested in the same activities. Howaboutwe sign you up today!
- Grindr: As a member of the LGBT community, there are many opportunities for your dating experiences in NYC, but you might not know the who, what, where and when. Grindr is a dating app geared toward gay, bisexual, and bi-curious men using a location feature in order to find someone in close proximity. Go get em!
- Bumble: For all the Sadie Hawkins believers, this one’s for you. Bumble is very similar to that of Tinder and Hinge, except it is up to the woman to message the man first!The woman has 24 hours to message the pick in her “hive” or the connection is delated forever. Time’s a-wasting, bee social!
- Christian Mingle/J Date: These dating sites are designed specifically for those of religious belief, looking for a partner who values the same. If this is you, stop weeding out the people you meet that do not share the same virtues. Start meeting people just like you, today!